While printing, do you get HP Printer offline error on your Windows 10 PC? And you are looking for quick and easy solutions. Then you are in the right place here in this blog you will learn how to fix HP printer offline error Windows 10?
Mostly you can see this errors on the network printers, but nowadays many users reported that while printing their files or document on Windows PC, they get an error message saying that your Printer is offline, even if it is properly connected and fully operational.
If you are also facing the same situation, don’t worry, this problem is not very complex, you can fix this problem by using the solutions listed in the article.
How do you get a HP Printer Back Online?
The Printer Offline error appears when your Windows system sees that the HP printer is unavailable and often cannot tell that the printer is offline, has connectivity problems, or print errors.
Here are some common reasons behind this printer offline issue:
- It happens due to a loose connection between the Printer and the Computer.
- Sometimes, multiple unfinished print jobs are in the queue.
- If your printer is facing an internal error
Now follow the below given tested solution for HP printer offline fix windows 10.
How to Fix HP Printer Offline Issue?
There are several ways to troubleshoot Printer Offline error message, but here I have listed the best and easiest ways to troubleshoot your HP printer offline issue. All solutions are well tested, so please follow the instructions below carefully to resolve your printer.
METHOD 1 – Run the Troubleshooter
The first solution in order to fix the Printer is offline error, I will like to suggest you Run the Troubleshooter and check the error is still exist or not.
To run the troubleshooter, follow the instructions below:
- First, click the Windows Start button.
- After that click on Settings.
- Next, you have to click on Devices option
- On the other screen click on the Troubleshoot option
- Now, click on the Printer option
- On the Expanded Printer menu you have to click on the Run the Troubleshooter option
After the scanning process gets over, check your HP printer problem is resolved or not.
METHOD 2 – Try to Restart the Print Spooler Service
In the second solution, Try to Restart the Print Spooler Service to troubleshoot the printer offline message. Since the printer uses this Print Spooler service to print and restart, it may correct the printer error.
Follow the below Restart the Print Spooler Service:
- First, click on the Windows + R to open the Run command
- Now, type services.msc on the comment box, and click on the Enter key.
- Then a Services window will open.
- Now, find and right-click on the Print Spooler service.
- Restart your HP printer.
After restarting Print Spooler service, now, check the HP printer offline issue is resolved or not.
METHOD 3: Check your printer is not in Offline mode
In this solution, you have to verify that your printer is not in offline mode sometimes by default your printer goes into Offline mode.
Follow the below steps to check the printer is in offline mode or not:
- First, click on the Start button.
- Then, click on the Settings option
- Click on the Devices
- Next, click on the Printers & scanners
- Then select your printer
- Open the queue which you will get under the Printer,
- Now, check Use Printer Offline is not enabled.
METHOD 4 – Update the Printer Properties
In this forth solution, I will suggest you update your printer properties. Lots of users claim that they fix Printer offline messages by updating or changing their printer properties. If you are using a HP network printer, then you can use this solution easily.
Follow the below given instructions to do so:
- First, press Windows + R key together.
- Now, the run command will execute, in the box type: control and click on the enter button.
- Control Panel will open
- Next, click on the Devices and Printers.
- Now, you have to right-click on the printer from the menu select Printer properties
- A list will open select printer’s IP address
- Then navigate to the Ports tab
- Click on Configure Port
- After that, uncheck the SNMP Status Enabled
- Click on the OK to save all the changes you made.
After doing that, you can easily fix the Offline message problem on your PC.
In this blog, I tried my best to provide you all the information related to the HP printer offline issue. I hope with the above effective and easy-to-use solution you can fix the Printer Offline error message in Windows 10.
But in case, after following all the above solutions, if you are still facing the printer offline problem then you can read Troubleshooting offline printer problems. Or you can also try printing from another printer to see if it is a printer problem or if the problem is with the hardware.
Sometimes this problem occurs with wired printers due to a loose USB connection. So it is recommended to check your USB port or use a different USB or network cable to connect.
I hope this blog work for you, if you like this post then do share this post with your friends who are also facing the same problem and want to get back to the printer online in Windows 10.
If you have any questions regarding HP printer offline fix windows 10, and then feel free to comment below.