Artificial intelligence isn’t bad – it has been and always will be one of the coolest things around. It existed since the 80s when computer games and video games existed. It has evolved further and has come in the form of virtual assistants. Speaking of, Android has Google’s very own Google Assistant.
Google Assistant is indeed one of the coolest and most helpful of all features present in Google’s product suite. At times, it can become annoying and can bother the lights out of people. Regardless of whether it is following commands from users, overhearing, and eavesdropping on private conversations or anything else, it might be a good idea to give Google Assistant a needed break at times.
Apart from turning off Google Assistant, there are also many ways it can be customized in how it can interact with its users. Let us now see how users can keep it cool and prevent it from annoying them too much.
How to turn off Google Assistant?
Those who wish to completely turn off Google Assistant on their smartphones, they should know that it is easy. How to disable Google assistant Android? Especially if you have an Android device? Here is how you can do it:
- Opening the Google App on the phone.
- Tapping on More which is present on the bottom right-hand side.
- Then going to settings and then to Google Assistant.
- Going down to the assistant devices and then tapping on the phone (or tablet, or another listed device).
- Then turning off Google Assistant.
As an alternate option, users can say, It is wise to give this assistant a well-earned break.
Is there a way for users to tweak settings for Google Assistant on their own Android devices?
How can users tweak the many different settings present in Google App? Simple! All they should do is go to the option More in the app. Then they should go to Settings and then to Google Assistant. This was mentioned earlier yes. Yes, it was. But what if users want to turn off some certain specific triggers?
Maybe users want to turn off just the voice commands. That way, the assistant won’t wake up and start bothering users inadvertently. But they would still prefer the assistant to work but silently. They would like it to work quietly especially when users do things like driving, skiing, rowing, and the like.
Here are some steps to do just that especially on a Samsung Galaxy Smartphone. Steps on other phones are a little bit different (how do you do zerg rush on Google).
- Users should go to Settings and then go to Apps.
- They should tap the three dots stacked vertically at the top right corner for more options.
- Then they should tap Default apps.
- Then they should go to the Device assistance app.
- There are various settings users can easily change here. They will be different as per each device.
- Samsung Galaxy S10 has an option to turn off the on-screen text and image analysis.
- Whereas Google Pixel 3 has the option to turn off Active Edge here. This feature allows users to squeeze the phone to launch Google Assistant.
- Tap the gear icon to dig deeper and they will enter a menu with more options.
- Then they should tap on Voice Match.
- Now users can tap on Access with Voice Match by toggling it off. But they can leave the assistant on by tapping on the feature named ‘While Driving.’
How can users temporarily turn off Google Assistant on smart home devices?
There are users owning smart display sets, smart speakers, or smart clocks in which they want to turn off Google Assistant for the time being. There are those who want to turn it off regularly at specific time intervals.
They can do it through the usage of Downtime present in the Google Home app. Here is how they can do it.
- Users should open the Google Home app.
- They should tap on the options Home and select their device.
- Then they should go to settings by tapping on the gear-like icon.
- They should then go to Digital Well-being and from there, they should tap on New Schedule.
- Users should then pick the days and select a ready-made schedule.
- Alternatively, they can create a customized schedule and then tap on Next.
- Users must then select starting and ending times.
- They should tap on Next, and then on Done.
Read Article: Best Apps for Virtual Phone System Needs